Needless to say, I don't intend to write another plotfully lazy book. I've thought a lot about the plot of Vix, and I've even broken the book into three "acts". This is how Suzanne Collins writes her books. I figured it couldn't hurt to imitate her. Yesterday I outlined the first act. My Excel spreadsheet includes all of the following information:
- Short description of the scene
- What exposition is required to understand this scene?
- How do I want the reader to feel during this scene?
- How will I accomplish this feeling?
- Which characters are present in this scene?
- What is each character's goal?
- Do they succeed or fail?